Effective Date: April 11, 2023
American Airlines Federal Credit Union is committed to providing you with competitive products and services to meet your financial needs. At the same time, we recognize the importance of our responsibility to protect the nonpublic personal information of our members. You can be confident that your financial privacy is a top priority with us.
The information in our federal Privacy Notice explains our policies for using and protecting the personal financial information you entrust to us during the application for or servicing of one of our products or services.
If you're such an applicant or member, please refer to that notice for additional information about our privacy practices.
Information We Collect – and How We Collect It
Our websites and apps are not intended to be used by children. We don't knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without permission from their parent or legal guardians. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the website. If you're under 13, don't use or provide any information on this website or through any of its features, register on the website, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we've collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at (800) 533-0035. For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), please refer to the FTC's website.
When you use our website or our apps, we may collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily, or Online Activity Data that we collect passively.
Personal Information is information such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, Social Security number, or other information that identifies you. This information may be collected when you voluntarily provide it to us through forms on our website or in our apps. These forms could include applications, information temporarily saved in form fields, and sign-in pages for the loan application access.
How We Use Information
We may disclose aggregated and de-identified information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may use Personal Information and Online Activity Data we've collected for a variety of reasons, including:
- to present our website and its contents to you
- to enable you to use online tools or perform certain online transactions
- to service and manage your account, including responding to or updating you on inquiries, or to contact you about your accounts or feedback
- to offer you special products and services and deliver advertisements to you in the form of banner ads, interstitial pages (ads that appear as you sign in or sign out of your online accounts) or other promotions
- to analyze whether our ads, promotions, and offers are effective
- to help us determine whether you might be interested in new products or services, and to improve existing products and services
- to verify your identity and/or location to allow access to your accounts, and conduct online transactions
- to manage fraud and data security risk
- to personalize and optimize your website browsing and app experiences by examining which parts of our website you visit or which aspect of our apps you find most useful
- to comply with federal, state or local laws; civil, criminal or regulatory investigations; or other legal requirements
- to share with trusted third parties who are contractually obligated to keep such information confidential; and to use it only to provide the services we have asked them to perform
For a description of how we may share information collected from consumers who have applied for or obtained a consumer product or service from us, please refer to our federal Privacy Notice.
Who We Share Your Information With
We disclose your Personal Information and Online Activity Data to third parties for our business purposes. The general categories of third parties that we share with are as follows:
- Third party service providers
- Affiliated websites and businesses in an effort to bring you improved service across our family of products and services, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations
- Other companies to bring you co-branded services, products or programs
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you
- Third parties or affiliates in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation or merger of our financial institution or affiliated business
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are pieces of data assigned by a web server to the browser on your computer or device to help improve your online experiences. Cookies help websites to keep track of your preferences and to recognize your return visits. When you return to a website you’ve visited before, your browser gives this data back to the server.
Cookies do not contain viruses. We don't embed your Social Security number, account number(s) or password(s) in our cookies.
Please note: When using our mobile and online banking services, we recommend that you complete your online transactions and sign off before surfing to other sites or turning off your computer or device. We also suggest that you don't surf to other sites during your online banking session.
When you use our digital services, we may receive technical information such as your browser type, IP address, type of operating system you use, your geolocation, the name of your internet service provider and pages visited on our sites. American Airlines Federal Credit Union gets this information by using technologies — such as, cookies and mobile device geolocation — to provide you with servicing data, like our branch location information; to research and improve our online experiences; and to advertise our financial products and services to you.
Types of Cookies Used on Our Services
- Essential cookies – These cookies enable you to use our digital services and are essential to enable you to browse our sites and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of our services, such as online banking and application services. They also help keep our sites and services safe and secure.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how you use our services, such as which pages you visit regularly. They're used to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page load, site response times and error messages.
- Content / Functional cookies – These cookies gather information about your use of our services, so we may improve your experience and provide you with more relevant content. They're also used to gather feedback on member satisfaction through surveys. They remember that you've visited our services and help us understand how they're being used. Some of these cookies are from third parties that collect information in order to provide services, such as our Live Chat feature.
- Marketing Cookies - Marketing cookies are used to deliver advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They're usually placed through our sites and mobile apps by our advertising partners and remember that you have visited a site or mobile app. This information may be shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
How to Control and Delete Cookies
1) Using Your Browser and Mobile Device
Some mobile devices come with a non-permanent advertising identifier or ID which gives companies the ability to serve targeted ads to a specific mobile device. In many cases, you can turn off mobile device ad tracking or you can reset the advertising identifier at any time within your mobile device privacy settings. You may also choose to turn off location tracking on your mobile device. By turning off ad tracking or location tracking on your mobile device, you may still see the same number of ads as before, but they may be less relevant because they won't be based on your interests.
2) Behavioral Advertising on Third-Party Websites
Online Activity Data collected on our website or apps may be used to advertise our products and services that may be of interest to you on third-party websites. Our service providers that deliver these advertisements are subject to their own privacy policies. To explore options for opting out of behavioral advertising, visit http://optout.aboutads.info/ or click on the AdChoices icon in an ad and follow the instructions. You may also use the Network Advertising Initiative's (NAI) Opt-Out Tool by visiting https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1. Furthermore, you may download the Google Analytics opt-out plug-in, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/, to prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. Moreover, there may be other tools provided by the publishing platform to enable you to opt out. Opting out relies on information in the unique cookies placed on your web browser by our service providers, so if you delete cookies, use a different device, or change web browsers, you may need to opt out again. Additionally, we may partner with websites like Google and Yahoo to display ads to you based on search terms you use on those websites. Please review the privacy policies of those websites for instructions on how to limit these ads. Please note that you may still receive general online advertising from us even after you adjust your ad preferences with certain web search engines or opt out of online advertising through AdChoices or the NAI tool. Such advertising, however, should not be based on Online Activity Data or search-term information.
However, since we don't own or control these third-party resources, we can't ensure that you'll stop receiving our advertisements by using these tools or that such advertisements will not be based on Online Activity Data or search-term information, and we don't guarantee the functionality or availability of such third-party tools. While we work with vendors and service providers who are contractually obligated to comply with our policies to protect information and to comply with all applicable laws regarding the collection, safeguarding, processing and disclosure of personal information, such vendors and service providers are solely responsible for cookies, cookie tracking and your choices for managing cookies.
Tips to Help Protect Your Nonpublic Personal Information
- Before revealing nonpublic personal information to third parties, find out how it will be used and if others will share it.
- Keep documents with nonpublic personal information in a secure place. Either tear or shred them when disposing. Dispose of check copies, statements, charge receipts, insurance forms, expired check cards and credit offers the same way.
- You can also help maintain the security of your nonpublic personal information by not sharing your user ID, PIN or password with anyone, by changing your password regularly and by remembering to sign off if using a personal computer.
- Remove your name from direct mailing and email lists by registering at the Direct Marketing Association’s Consumer Information site at DMAChoice.org.
- You can also stop telemarketing calls by registering online at the Federal Trade Commission’s “Do Not Call Registry” at DoNotCall.gov or calling toll-free (888) 382-1222 from the telephone number you wish to register. Registration is free.
Protection of Nonpublic Personal Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
American Airlines Credit Union Online Banking — We use multiple layers of security, including HTTPS when transmitting data in order to secure account information sent between our server and your browser. We use firewalls that are designed to protect your accounts from unauthorized access from outside American Airlines Credit Union. Additionally, with online correspondence we preserve the content of your email, your email address and our responses so that we can more efficiently handle any follow-up questions you may have.
All contents of this web site are protected by copyright and are property of American Airlines Federal Credit Union and may not be reproduced or reprinted without permission.
This site provides links to external websites strictly as a web resource for our members. The contents of these sites do not reflect the endorsement of American Airlines Federal Credit Union for any opinions, products or services that may be offered on those sites. American Airlines Federal Credit Union does not assume any responsibility or liability for any purchases made or software downloaded as a result of linking to any external web site.
The following are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.: AA, American Airlines, American Airlines Federal Credit Union and American Airlines Credit Union (and Design with Flight Symbol).
The following are trademarks of American Airlines Federal Credit Union: cent$, and cent$: it all adds up.
Disclaimer (Third-party web sites)
American Airlines Federal Credit Union's website contains links to other websites for additional services and/or purely for informational purposes. A link between this website and another website does not constitute a product or program endorsement by American Airlines Federal Credit Union or any of its employees. The Credit Union does not provide and is not responsible for, the product, service, overall website content, security or privacy policies on any external third-party sites.
Notice to Consumer of State Privacy Protections
Mobile & Digital Services
We understand your on-the-go account access needs.
Our mobile apps offer a number of convenient services, including mobile check deposit, bill pay, credit score monitoring, personal financial management tools and more!
GET THE APPS♦
- Apple Watch – To turn on, simply log into our mobile app and select “Apple Watch” under “Settings” in the left-hand menu.
♦ Mobile services require web access. Check with your wireless carrier for any fees that may apply.
Apple Watch is trademark of Apple Inc.
Google Play is a registered trademarks of Google LLC.
Add your Credit Union debit and credit cards to your enabled device to make secure payments and simplify your checkout experience with a variety of digital payment options.
Apple Pay and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
Google Pay and Google Play are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. The EMV® SRC payment icon, consisting of a pentagon design oriented on its side with a stylized depiction of a fast forward symbol on the right, formed by a continuous line, is a trademark owned by and used with permission of EMVCo, LLC.
Financial Management Tools
Our budget and finances feature allows our members to track their spending with a fully interactive, real-time updating dashboard that loads existing Credit Union accounts while allowing the addition of accounts from other financial institutions. Within your online banking account you have access to two tools that help you keep your finances on track:
- Personal Finance Manager and Credit Monitoring.
With our one-stop shop for financial apps, you can select from a set of third-party apps to help you run your business, pay down loans fast, donate to charities and much more – all in one convenient location.
Please note: Fees and qualifications vary by app.
- Autobooks Small business owners can simplify their books, manage cash flow and access the necessary reports.
- Changed Borrowers can pay down debt with spare change to save time and money and reach their goals sooner.
- Givio Individuals can donate to more than 1.6 million 501(c)3 nonprofits – or support a cause from a list of local nonprofits – directly from their bank account.
- OneDigitalTrust Users of this estate- and inheritance-planning platform can create legal documents, including wills, living trusts, healthcare and financial powers of attorney and others.
- Trustworthy® Successful modern families can collaborate with loved ones and advisors to protect and organize their most important information. Secure items like family IDs, money, property, passwords, insurance, tax records, estate documents, contacts, and more – all in one place.
To register: Use a browser to log into online banking and select “Marketplace” to get started. Your Marketplace apps can be managed through the Credit Union app♦ after completing registration on a browser.
American Airlines Credit Union does not assume any responsibility or liability for any purchases or promotions made by a third party
♦ Message and data rates may apply. Check with your mobile provider.